butternut squash soup. Spice up your life with my Butternut Squash Chipotle Soup
If you haven’t noticed, October – January are soup months in my house. Ryan likes to refer to me as “the soupstress.” This butternut squash chipotle soup is one of my best creations! Another favorite is my detox soup recipe you can get HERE
I actually got the idea from Red O, but this is a million times healthier!
I always want to get soup out, but they’re usually made with heavy creams and cheeses. High in fat and completely unnecessary. Don’y worry…I’ve got you boo!
I could eat squash every day…and I do! I’m weird, but it’s my fave. There are tons of different kinds and it can be put in anything. Pizza, salads, bowls, as pasta, tacos, soups, etc.
My #1 is Butternut Squash. Have you ever just thrown it in the oven with a little olive oil? It’s like candy.
The sweetness that comes out when you roast it makes it a perfect candidate to go with my second favorite thing, chipotle peppers!
Here is what you’ll need….
♥1 medium butternut squash, seeds removed and cubed (or pre-cut about 2-3 cups)
♥1 box (15.2oz) of chicken stock, bone broth or vegetable stock (vegetarian version)
♥1 Tbs chipotle peppers, canned in adobo sauce
♥1 small onion, chopped
♥1 clove garlic, minced
♥1 Tbs olive oil
♥salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a baking sheet and toss the cubed butternut squash, chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Place in the oven for approx 30min, checking and mixing after 15min.
- Add 1 table spoon chipotle peppers to a blender
- When cooked, add roasted vegetables to the blender along with the broth or stock
- Blend all together until smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired
- Top with greek yogurt, pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of adobo sauce from can of chipotles